Monday 11 April 2016

MINI CONFETTI MERINGUES


Lately I've been getting into a lot of baking, not sure if it just procrastination kicking in from avoiding doing my university assignments or I have a lot of free time now a days. I wanted to share with you guys a super quick and easy mini confetti meringues recipe - great for birthday party's and high tea! 
Some of the meringues, didn't turn out the way I wanted them to be, but hey it was my first time ever to bake them! So don't mind the weird looking ones (practise makes perfect). I also filmed making this recipe, so check it out HERE!


PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 60 MINUTES | DIFFICULTY: EASY 

MERINGUES  INGREDIENTS 

+ 3 medium egg whites 
+ 150g caster sugar
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ 200g White Chocolate 
+ 200g of Rainbow Sprinkles
+ Gel Food colour (of your choice)

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 100ÂșC. Line Two large baking trays with baking paper. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until very stiff and dry. Whisk in half of the sugar. Gently fold in the remaining sugar along with the Vanilla Extract. 

Step 2: Equally divide the mixture between three bowls and add a few drops of the one of the Gel Food colour to each bowl of mixture. Carefully and gently fold in the colours using a large metal spoon to make three pastel coloured meringue mixtures. 

Step 3: Working on one coloured meringue mixture at a time, put the mixture into a large piping bag and pipe 4-52cm mounds onto the prepared baking trays. 

Step 4: Repeat with the remaining meringue mixture to make approx 30 mini meringues. Bake in oven for one hour until the meringues are crisp on the outside and not browned - prop the oven door slightly if they started to discolour. Cool the meringues on the baking trays for 5 minutes.

Step 5: To decorate the meringues, put the white chocolates chips into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove the bowl from the saucepan of water, beat until smooth and cool for 10 minutes. 

Step 6:  Put the Rainbow Sprinkles into a small bowl. Working on one meringues at a time, carefully dip the bottom of the meringue into the white chocolate and them into the rainbow sprinkles. Place the meringue back onto the baking tray to set. Repeat until all of the meringues are decorated then put aside in a cool place for 30 minutes until set and Enjoy! 


Happy Baking! 
Don't forget to watch my second ever baking video "Mini Confetti Meringues"!

Have you ever made mini meringues before? 
 
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Lovely post Hun! LOOOKs SO YUMMM!!! Thanks for sharing this with everyone!
    I've just updated a new post on my blog: THERMAL & GEL NAIL POLISH REVIEW!

    OHIAMIHT BLOG | BORN PRETTY STORE USE CODE OHIX31 FOR 10% OFF

    Kisses,
    Mai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! They look so yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely post dear.

    Perfect eyelashes with Avon - http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2016/04/avon.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever made meringue once and that was over 3 years ago, gosh. These look way too adorable, Nev!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so pretty and cute ahh
    ♡ chantelle | chanbelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look soooo yummy! I've never made these before but I need to give them a try! Also I always love your photography! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look too cute and yummy to eat!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look super cute and yummy !! I would deff try them out. Thanks for sharing dear :)
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG these look so adorable and yummy!
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so delicious, I should totally give them a try!
    www.fashionspydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty meringues, I haven't eaten those in a while! :D

    http://couturecase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. No way! These are to die for! They look delicious!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are the cutest things ever! And the colors are perfect!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun recipe idea - they look so lovely and cute! I can imagine myself churning through the entire tray in a matter of seconds though, mmm....

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x


    ReplyDelete
  15. the pictures you took are so great,and this recipe looks so delicious

    lifestyleandso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh these are so cute and fun!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh god they are so pretty! Great blog by the way, let me know if you would like to follow each other x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cute and I do love me some meringues, so it's definitely a recipe I should try very soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  19. Meringues are so delicious, we love them for dessert and making them mini sized just makes us want them even more! Great idea putting sprinkles on them, you did an awesome job for your first time!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are soooo cute!!!!!! I think I'm going to try doing them <3

    xx Chrizzia / http://www.thistledsoul.net/

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so well made! love your blog babe

    http://mollyx.com.au/

    xxMolly

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so pretty! I'm going to make these next time I have a tea party!

    Janelle x
    http://www.roseryapparel.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig